More About Us
Building Evolution Corporation’s fundamental philosophy is to be a market leader for high performance built environment, construction, and building science, while being a responsible for-profit business enterprise, promoting education, and having fun along the journey.
Our mission is to provide our clients the knowledge to make informed decisions on the implementation of high performance buildings through advanced and holistic enclosure and HVAC ideology while instilling our passion for a sustainable environment in our clients. Provide “cradle to cradle” energy and durability consulting from conceptual design, through construction and commissioning services, and throughout building lifespan operations.
Education is the kindling of flame, not the filling of a vessel.Socrates
Wesley Stanhope, CEM EBCP CCP CPHC®
Wes has over fifteen years of leadership experience in the built environment on both sides of the Atlantic, working in USA, Ireland, and UK with construction, facility conditions assessments, energy management, and commissioning projects. Wes is responsible for developing and implementing Building Evolutions vision, mission and philosophy. Wes is both active in the long-term planning and operations of the company, as well as day to day operations.
As principal of Stanhope Developments he brought over 370 commercial and residential construction projects from proposal through to design and completion in Ireland and UK. After returning to USA, Wes managed the energy auditing and retro-commissioning of over 23 million square feet of US Federal Facilities. Wes also has extensive experience managing and implementing assessments and commissioning of large scale private universities, commercial properties, state facilities, non-profits, and large multifamily developments.
Wes is also an Adjunct Faculty at Mount Wachusett Community College and Boston Architectural College.
When Wes is not in the office or commissioning a building, he is typically spending time with family and friends, coaching youth soccer, visiting family in Ireland, travelling, or taking a ride one of his motorcycles.
- M.D.S. Sustainable Design (BAC)
- Graduate Certificate Sustainable Design and Construction (BAC)
- B.Sc. Construction Management (LIT)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP)
- Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP)
- OSHA 30
- Unrestricted Construction Supervisors License—MA
- Certified Passive House Consultant (CPHC)
- The Art of Commissioning: A Cost Benefit Analysis of 23 Large-scale Federal Facilities
- Association of Energy Engineers
- Chartered Institute of Building
- Passive House Institute and Alliance US (PHAUS)
- Massachusetts Colleges Online Course of Distinction 2017
- FCA for Performance Buildings, MedEd Boston, 2016
- FCA for Performance Buildings, ABx Boston, 2015
- Commissioning for Success, NESEA NYC, 2015
- Commissioning, MedEd Boston, 2014
- Commissioning for Success, ABx Boston, 2014
- Commissioning for Success, MedEd Boston, 2016
- Commissioning for Success, NEBB Conference Albuquerque, 2016