Building Evolution Corporation’s fundamental philosophy is to be a market leader for the high performance built environment, construction, and building science, while being a responsible for-profit business enterprise, promoting education, and having fun along the journey.
We’re always looking for great new talent here at BEC. Please review the open positions below.
Mechanical Engineer/Architectural Engineer, Senior
Category: Building Performance and Applied Building Science
Type: Full Time, salaried (exempt)
Minimum Experience: 8+ years related experience in engineering, architecture, or building sciences
Required Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- On-site assessments and investigations involving visual observation and diagnostic testing of building performance issues, enclosure/mechanical system failures.
- Technical design review of Mechanical and Enclosure design.
- Energy modelling and data analysis, including WUFI and Therm for Passive House (PHIUS).
- Manage tasks and projects to budget.
- Conduct client communications to the highest professional standards.
- Manage, Mentor, and Develop other team members.
- Business development including, but not limited to, proposal development and delivery.
Minimum Requirements, Skills and Qualities
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Architectural Engineering, or related Building Science degree.
- Advanced technical knowledge of HVAC and building enclosure systems.
- Technical proficiency in energy modeling and data analysis, including WUFI and Therm.
- The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and clean driving record.
Example of Potential Certifications/Learning
- PHIUS Certified Passive House Consultant® (CPHC)
- AEE Certified Energy Manager® (CEM)
- BCXA Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP)
- Building Analyst
- Energy Star – Various
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA) – Conferences & Events
- PASSIVEhouse MA – Events Association of Engineers (AEE) New England – Events
Work to be performed primarily within the Worcester office (3-4 days/week)
Same-day local travel to client sites 1-2 days/week. Very occasional out of state overnight travel may be expected.
- BEC is a market leader in the high-performance built environment. We apply deep expertise and experience in building enclosures and mechanical systems to solve complex building performance problems and to navigate our client’s projects toward ambitious building performance goals.
- Learn more about our team!
- Within Crompton Place within the Canal District
- We offer great pay plus bonus plan
- 75% employer paid medical insurance
- Employer paid vision and dental
- Employer paid short and long term disability
- Retirement plan
- Generous Personal Time Off (PTO) and Company Time Off (CTO)